Sunday, January 13, 2008

Lord of the Rings

Ever since the Lord of the Rings trilogy came out on film I have always wanted to have a marathon watching all three extended editions of the movie in one day. Luckily for me, K.C. had the extended editions and also wanted to have a marathon. So last semester we spread the word that sometime in the spring semester we would do it! Yesterday turned out to be that day since we aren't very far in school and figured people wouldn't be too swamped with homework and studying yet and could waste the entire day up in the lounge. Well we started at 10:30 in the morning and dove into the adventure. With hour breaks in between each of the films, we finally finished them all around 12:30. Sadly once I ate lunch, I couldn't keep my eyes open for the first disc of the Two Towers. Determined to better, I sat up for the next disc and stayed awake. The Return of the King was started and I was so excited to watch my favorite movie of the three. Yet again, I got too comfortable and could not stay awake once the second disc was put into the DVD player. K.C. tried his hardest to keep me awake by pulling on my ears and tickling me, but nothing worked. I was out until the movie ended. Now I could say that I finally did the Lord of the Rings marathon challenge, but I simply would not be satisfied with myself, so sometime in the future I will have to pull out those movies again and waste another day all over again. It is worth it though, those movies are amazing!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

I haven't seen any of those movies forever. I've been thinking about them a lot too. Maybe I'll have to borrow someone's and do my own marathon. Alright, maybe not a marathon with 3 kids, but at least attempt to get them through all.

Carolyn Howell said...

Crazy fun times. Thank you for sharing. It's good to know what you are up too. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Its fun to put stuff BACK onto your list of things to do before you die. Since both of us ended up falling asleep during the 2nd disk we didn't "Officially" complete the marathon! Someday (lets at least wait a year or two, K?) we will sit down and do it all again.