Sunday, November 26, 2006

Friends


This weekend has been anticipated for several weeks now, and not simply for the opportunity to gorge myself on turkey, stuffing and mashed potatoes. Even though Thursday was an enjoyable time with family and food, my family of friends were my focus this weekend. Monday and Tuesday killed me as I waited and waited to hear from Jess, Andrew, Squeaks, Jon, Tiffany, Amanda, Erin, Jeremy, Lindsey, Annie....pretty much all of my friends who have ventured off to the not so far away lands of Utah State University and Snow College. Wednesday night rolled around and I did not expect to be doing anything more exciting than watching my favorite Smallville Trio, believing that night would be occupied by family matters. That all changed when Abby called pleading for me to figure something out for that night; 'reluctantly' I called up Jess to see what he wanted to do. Bowling sounded like a great idea so we called up Cody and Amanda and asked if they wanted to join us. Low and behold, we did not end up with four friends at Brasstons Family Bowling, but nineteen! What a great night that was as we laughed, joked and hugged a lot. Not too much happened on Friday night; a few gathered at Kristy D.'s house to simply relax and catch up on each others' lives. Saturday was the biggest day of them all where almost every waking moment was spent in the presence of my buddies. Beginning at nine o'clock in the morning we played an exciting game of football complete with a couple bloody noses, a search line for Erin's lost key, and a car jacked up. Following a thrill filled morning was a thrill filled afternoon as we gathered at Sean's home for the intense rivalry game between Brigham Young University and the University of Utah. Although far outnumbered by the Cougar fans, the Utes had a fair representation as friends (yet foes) sat amongst each other eating chips and owed ice cream while screaming for their favored team. I have never seen so much chaos and frustration as was present at the conclusion of that Holy War. Admittingly, I am saddened by the outcome, but I cannot deny how great the game really was and the talent presented from both teams. Only after a feast of Cafe Rio, a whacked game of "Bump, Set, Spike," followed by several games on variations of pool and 'teaching' others the frustrations of Mao, the night was over. Steady contact with my friends from 9 o'clock in the morning to 11:30 at night makes for the best day in a long time. To top it all off, things just worked with people and my overall situation with one in particular greatly improved leaving me fighting back tears of joy. Thanks everyone for all you do and I love you!! I cannot wait for Christmas to come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you had a great weekend and that things have turned around and are getting there! It makes me happy to see that wonderful smile upon your face once again! Thanks for everything! You are wonderful and amazing and I love ya! Keep Smilin!